Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tutorial #1 Journaling

Hey guys!

So today we had our first Tutoral with Fernando. It was all about doing Journal work and different ways that we could do our journal.

I learnt that the idea of having a journal is to help think of ways to do things. It's a way to help with the creative process and help get those ideas.

The example that we were given was 'Dear Journal. I hate art today' then we were told to write about WHY.

We also need to talk about how the day went, what we did and what we did or didn't get out of it.

Doing the exercises to do with Shaun Gladwell (click for link) and I learnt that my brain can not be trusted to just come up with a journal entry on it's own without being made to stop and think about things.

I came up with single words. Yes, that's right, all my pathentic brain could come up with is single words. It now has to go and sit in the naughty corner!

Either way, this is what I came up with:

pink clouds sign. DROP! wow. how is he doing that? denim jeans. helmet is green. cross legged. indian style. FAST! kick. BREAKDANCING! belt. silver. metal. squares - thinking outside them. white sneakers. hands. shadow. refelection. ghost


Do not ask me how I came up with such unintellegant things that a two year old could have told you because I have no idea! Bad brain! Go sit in the naughty corner!

We then looked at a painting and had to think of questions about it. We had to ask questions to do with it to talk about it rather then just saying 'There is a duck looking at a golden egg. There is a tank in the background.'

These are the questions I came up with :

What does the duck want with the golden egg?
Why is the tank moving in?
Will the golden egg have a golden future?
Why is the colour so bright but the duck is so sad?
Is this why the duck crossed the road?


Yes, I know, I figured out later that it was the chicken who crossed the road, well now the chicken has a friend and that's the duck. Congradulations chicken.

Well that's all for today! I'll blog again soon!!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment