Let me start this blog post by saying that I am scared about how much Shakespear I've been doing lately, becauseI find him too hard to understand and here I am about to talk about a movie that I saw inspired by 'Romeo and Juliet'. I'm sorry that I haven't gotten on with the rest of my colloquim posts, they are comming, it's just the Eisteddfod week here and so it's been hectic and I have Drama assesments next week that I've been preparing for along with Japan.
Anyway, in a nutshell, this week I have done about 5 or so things in the eisteddfod, including Shakespeare (Act 4 Scene i from Much Ado About Nothing) and I have started helping with the adaptation of this years A3TC (After 3 Theatre Company) production, Much Ado About Nothing. We are setting it in WW2 so we need to sit down and figure it out.
At any rate, here comes my rant about Letters to Juliet!
From Movie Promotion:
When aspiring magazine writer Sophia and would-be restaurateur Victor fly from New York to Italy for a vacation, the stage seems set for some much needed romance in their relationship - especially since their destination is the coty of Verona, home of the star crossed lover Juliet Capulet of ROMEO AND JULIET fame.
But Voctor is far more interested in finding suppliers for his future restaurant than in wooing Sophia, who ends up getting a vacarious romatic fix from an unlikely scource; she joins a group of volenteers who respond to letters that pour into Verona from around the world - letters to juliet seeking advice about love. One such letter that Sophia responds to dates back to 1951 and came from Claie, an Englishwoman who fell in love with a young Italian man in her youth but let the opportunity slip away.
To Sophia's suprise, her letter inspires Claire, now a grandmother, to travel to Verona in search of her long-lost love - accompanied by her grandson Charlie. With Victor wrapped up in his culinary quest, Sophia, Charlie and Claire scour the beautiful Italian countryside in search of Claire's long lost love. In the process, romance blossoms in unexpected ways, eventually facing Sophia with the very advice she wrote in her letter to Claire. Will she find the courage to seize love or-like Claire- spend a lifetime regretting the road not taken?
I cried and I laughed tonight, this is an amazing movie, seriously! I'm not going to post more about it at the moment because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it (it only came out today) but I will be posting more about it when it's been out for a while!
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment